Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drawing and Dancing...

I found my dream place this week for figure drawing. Association Estimuto de Belles Artes, on the corner of Cordoba and Maipu, has lots of classes with models every day of the week, from 10 minute poses, to poses over a 4 week period of 2 1/2 hours each, and you can pay per class ( 20 pesos). I loved this woman's feet.
Central Cultural Borges had a great show this week of Belgium artists' fantasies about Patagonia...some very funny stuff.. Lots of jokes about the wind in Patagonia... you probably can't read the script by Adam's head, but it says "tirame del dedo," (pull my finger)...


I loved this one... it's a three D sculpture of a building...when you push the button below, the building slowly raises up and folds back to reveal...



a small 3D man facing a long road into Patagonia.


It's hard to believe, but this is me in a beauty parlor of all places....getting my hair done for the British Ambassador's Ball!









First the receiving line, then
champagne and tidbits brought to you as you mingled....






Then tidy up before going out to the gardens and the big tents for dinner and dancing....














It was a much more fun night than I expected.... two good bands that played everything from fox trouts to the Beetles, great conversations with folks from all over, and a very grand meal (no dry convention chicken breast served here)! The desert was a fruit compote topped with meringue bits, mint and a passion fruit sorbet.







No comments: