Sunday, August 30, 2009

The World Tango Festival....


For the last two weeks of August, Buenos Aires hosted the world tango festival... with workshops, films, competitions and preformances every day, and all for FREE!

I went to two events... the San Martin Dance Company preforming to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and Piazola's Four Seaons in Buenos Aires ...








and the semifinal competion of Salon Tango...Couples from all over the world.... and some remote providences in Argentina... with everything from glitter and fancy lifts, to stately mature chunky couples displaying understated grace and connection...

























And here is a movie of my favorite couple from Mexico...

(I know.... you are asking,"why did she turn the camera sideways?," and the answer is that the birdbrain part of me forgot that you, the viewer could not easily turn your computer on its side to get the dancers' whole bodies as they moved towards me!)

No comments: