Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fuerza Bruta !!!

There is nothing like having guests visiting to get one out and about....I had been meaning to see Fuerza Bruta... the group of  6 Argentine performers puts on a show that knocked my socks off....most creative theater I have seen in years..imagine combining Circ de Soleil with a circus fun house and interactive theater and you get kind of the idea....a surprise every turn ...the show is on for one more week, so you still have a chance to see it....






Visiting friend Paula and I share a love of art, so I took her to Central Cultural Recoletta ...and the current shows there of  Argentine artists once again reminded me of why I moved to BA....huge beautiful old vaulted rooms for each artist...the above was a favorite from a lithograph show, and the piece below is from Leonel Luna's showing of new works (that is not a real person standing there) 


We also went to the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes and, although I have seen their permanent collection many times, I had never spotted this cartoon strip by Picasso....
Here's Paula eating her first Argentine steak ......

And here is the plate we shared of my favorite desert, "Volcan..."
(the "before" photo of the volcan....warm chocolate cake with a creamy filling, accompanied by ice cream and berries)

No comments: